Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 9

Photo - All Angles




Do you ever look up... Do you ever shift your perspective?! Have you ever walked into a room and have been there a million times and yet still find something new or different?!

In life, I feel most of us move at a pace of a 100 miles a min. There’s always something for us to do, something to see, somewhere to go and a lot of things get over looked. I mean really everyone wants the right now. What about the slowing down and taking the time to take things in... Look around you, what do you see?

Look at this photo, you might think its a concrete walk way but the image itself has been turned... they are actually walls. Throw you off a little?! I use to live in this building, everyday I would walk by and never take a second to glance up... Yet one day after getting off work I was exhausted it was right as the sun was going down and the sky was like sherbet, orange, pink and purple as I took it in I happened to look up, I found the view to be breathtaking. All the levels, the windows, the glass cube blocks and how the light changed the view. I must have stood there for 5 mins and I’m sure if anyone would have seen me staring up they would have thought I was as high as a kite... but I wasn’t. I think about this moment from time to time... a place that I knew, that I walked through everyday and it took a countless moment to notice.

I challenge you to take time to notice, to ask questions to get to know people, to know yourself and what you like and don’t like. And if you think you know, shift your angle and see if you can stretch yourself to find more than what meets the eye!

Today:
Song: Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
Quote of the day: “In time, things will fall right into place.”
Fav food consumed today: Dave’s - Davey Dog w/Chili and Jalapenos
Craving: Noche’s Trailer Park Taco
Drinking: Ice Punch G2 Gaterade
Random fact: I am always out on the town, always finding something to get into and living the wild crazy life so my home is my sanctuary, my place where I throw my bags down at the door and stare into space to collect myself and have me time, I love living on cloud 9 but it’s also nice to get my feet on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment