Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 5




Yesterday was jammed packed from falling asleep on Jenni Penni’s floor to waking up on her couch and spending the first half of the day putting my life back together to working at Dave’s and having a photo meeting out in Buckhead, I was somewhat exhausted, yet I still had a question of doing something off the map.

See every now and then I get the itch to sing Karaoke and for awhile I had been going every Thursday to Camille’s to get my sing on, so after setting a lunch date earlier in the day I ended up calling pretty K-Rex to see what our plans were and since I felt like I hadn’t seen her in forever, we decided to take a detour and go get my craving fix of 90’s grunge and pop! I love acting a fool and not giving a care towards acting fun and free. I started off w/ Radiohead and then Lifehouse, Smashing Pumpkins, N’sync, and who knows what else. It was Rawr-tastic w/ a barely there crowd, a girl who just moved out of her boyfriend’s house after a messy breakup, my raspy voice and air instrument moves, we couldn’t have asked for a more dorkfest late night. I loved how K-Rex made me a double sided WonderClaw / TigerClaw (my karaoke name) sign out of our drink napkins and even though she didn’t get up and sing she for sure stole the room with her big ear to ear smile. It’s random moments of finding people who love the moment and what’s in front of them that makes life worthwhile. I love the random and the unknown, the sporadic, let’s go attitude. After singing my heart out I drove her home in which she had to play a game to see if she could put all my glasses on and without a problem she made it happen! So, I guess this day was about living in the moment and being the dork that you are, having fun and not worrying about who’s looking.

Today:
Song: Mumm-Ra - She’s got You High
Quote of the day: “WonderClaw”
Fav food consumed today: Varasano’s White pizza w/ Spinach, Pep, and Garlic!
Craving: A BIG bowl of ice cold Smart Start Cereal
Drinking: Cherry Vodka & Sprite
Random fact: My first ever karaoke song was La Bamba at Mary’okey the summer of 08’, I was running around EAV w/ A Scar when a fabulous conquistador told me I had to take his song because he was leaving and since I was monkey wasted, I jumped on board and rocked the song... making me a karaoke whore!

No comments:

Post a Comment