Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 3

Photo - The Sound of Music



As I woke up I had a strange cloud around me... I wanted to get in the car and drive, I wanted to go, to leave the hustle and bustle of everything that was around me and SLOW the FUCK down... I thought where could I go? Nashville to see my aunt... Tybee to put my toes in the sand... Just get in the car, turn on my music and let it take me to where I think I should be... I’m off till Thursday at 3 so it could totally be feasible. Then I thought, no, I need to work on things and I just need a small adventure but after walking outside the heat struck me like walking into a brick wall so I went inside and told myself to FIND MY HAPPINESS, so I turned on my music.

That’s right, I had my very own dance party for one I put on my Oldies but Goodies playlist and danced around in my boxer briefs... I let loose tappin my feet, swingin my arms, singing at the top of my lungs and playin the air guitar! There’s just something about letting go that is so free... it’s like drinking a redbull, it gives you wings! It’s like no matter where you are or what you are doing, if you can get lost in a song and feel it in your soul... nothing else really matters in that moment, it’s as if everything else fades away and for about 3 to 5 mins it’s you and the sounds.

After my dance party, things flowed better and my attitude changed. I went on an adventure w/ Little Engine, we hopped around downtown and thankfully I didn’t melt like the wicked witch of the west. We then hit up the new park off Freedom where it started to thunderstorm and instead of running to the car we made a swift get away. I then met up w/ A Scar were we ate at HD1 and then had the music take us over at The Sound Table for my friend’s b-day. So, all in all, music saved my day, it got me out of my funk and into the world that I know and love. We can’t help but have those kind of days, but if we try real hard sometimes things just fall into place.

Today:
Song: Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
Quote of the day: “Music gives a Soul to the universe, Wings to the mind, Flight to the imagination, and Life to everything.”
Fav food consumed today: HD1 Corn dogs w/ mustard sauce
Craving: Little Engine’s Portabella Egg Scramble
Drinking: G2 Fruit Punch + Berry Gaterade
Random fact: As a little kid my dad would put on old rock records, turn it up so the whole house was booming of song and we would dance around jumping on beds while kicking our feet high up in the air giggling till we had six packs!

No comments:

Post a Comment