Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 18

Photo - My Hideaway




The city view is breathtaking and quite honestly this image doesn’t even come close to the real beauty you experience when standing there. I feel that everyone should have a place that they can go to clear their head, to reflect or to take life in and be thankful that yes, we are breathing.

I found this spot almost 4 years ago and I visit it every so often. When I go there I get a feeling of there is so much more to life then what I’m living. I take deep breaths, I close my eyes and open myself, I dance, I scream, I sing, I’m quite, I’m still, I’m like a sponge I take in the moment of the city whether it be in the middle of the afternoon or the late hours of the night. I love watching the traffic and the lights, at night I feel like it’s christmas and get that nostalgic holiday feeling which makes my soul smile. I think spending time with yourself and truly taking things in is one of the most beautiful things we can do.

I have shared my hideaway with a few people. If you are one of my good friends or someone that I find special, I have probably shown you this spot. I’ve ran naked, I have lit fireworks and sparklers, done industry photo shoots, even had my 23rd birthday extravaganza up there. It’s just a spot, but a spot that I will forever be thankful for because it holds both good and hardship and makes me think for me. May you find your hideaway and may you take in and let go.


Today:
Song: Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground
Quote of the day: “If you look after goodness and truth, beauty will take care of itself.”
Fav food consumed today: Chicken Chimichanga
Craving: Hibachi
Drinking: Diet Coke
Random fact: In high school my mentor showed me a water dam that was covered in graffiti. When I felt alone or out of it, I would drive out there and walk the dam skimming my hands or feet in the water and stare off at the sherbet skies.

1 comment: