Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 15

Photo - Victory



From a night of paint and wasted face to falling asleep around 6 just to get up and open the shop and work till close... Exhaustion was only the beginning... at least I got an hour to go home = 20 mins to lay on my bed and wish I could drift into dreamland, so maybe a bad idea. Anyway, when closing time rolled around I was thankful and called Jenni Penni we talked for a little and really wanting a drink and the thought of slushies we pick our favorite spot, Victory Sandwich Bar over off N. Highland and Elizabeth St.

Kind of ironic or maybe not, but after working a double, I got a double... within a double! Two double Jack n’ Cokes, Two chocolate chip sea salt cookies and a Hambo... Over good conversation it was a perfect evening after a long day. Jenni and I bantered back and forth catching up on life, activities, crushes, random stories and our new favorite music. I look at her like my little sister (even though she’s older) I love that girl and watch out for her just as I know she does for me, she’s one of those soul friends you know where you call them and you meet, no questions asked, they just come by pick you up and take you away for a moment, getting your feet back on the ground and your head on straight. She tells it like it is, whether I like it or not and for the most part she gets it. And in my book friendship like that is a Victory in itself... now that’s ironic ;)

Today:
Song: The Lumineers - Oh Hey
Quote of the day: “It’s a long way to wisdom but a short one to being ignored.”
Fav food consumed today: Victory - Hambo & Choc Chip Cookies
Craving: Mini Corn Dogs
Drinking: Jack N Coke Slushies
Random fact: I use to hate Whiskey but then one day I had a sinus infection and as NewYork girl had an art show next to Victory I sucked it up and had my first Jack N Coke slushie... not being able to taste it really, I drank a few and it must have soaked in because now I can’t get enough of the frozen goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment