Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 10

Photo - Cut N Paste




Today I had a rush of inspiration... I might have been exhausted from staying up late but there was something in the air... I ended up opening up over brunch, sharing some of my inner secrets and as I shared I was nervous, my palms got sweaty but I felt a lift as this beautiful soul didn’t get up or question... she just listened. At one point I said “ahhh, sorry, I talk to much.” she simply replied “well then I guess I listen to much.” and I liked that. It set my mood for the rest of the day. I wanted to create I wanted anything but to be in the sandwich shop but with the luck of the draw I had enough time to cut up some magazines and go over to CVS for a card to draw inside :)

I love that feeling of creative, where things and ideas come to you at a blink of an eye, where getting glue all over you and having scissors sitting next to you makes your day worthwhile. Most people think I only shoot photos but the truth is I’ve always carried a pen in my pocket, always clipped magazines and used glue sticks like they’re going out of style. I like getting my fingers dirty in paint and clay, I love using all kinds of mediums, even writing is a source of art... I once was showing my portfolio to a Master of art and they looked at me and said “So what do I call you?! A Renaissance Artist... I don’t see anything you don’t do.... you just have to figure out what you love most.” Truth is, I love so much I don’t know what I would choose if I only had to pick one. I guess, I just love the days where I sit down and get lost in my mind and let the creative come out, let my hands guide me and watch the beauty and magic come to life.

Being inspired is all I really ever look for so when it hits me in the face, I like to go with the flow... today was a very nice breath of fresh air and I hope that the ideas keep flowing because there is so much I want to do. So to everything and everyone that makes the creative flow through me, thank you, please continue.

Today:
Song: The Black Keys - Next Girl
Quote of the day: “Never get tired of doing little things for others because sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their heart.”
Fav food consumed today: West Egg - Pancakes & Cream Cheese, Bacon Omelet
Craving: Chocolate Chip Cookies right out of the oven
Drinking: Sprite Zero
Random fact: You know I have a crush on you if... I make you a mix tape with cover art and all... oh and the song Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys is on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment