Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 16

Photo - Oxymoron




Have you ever seen the rain?! I mean, I know we all have but have you ever taken the time to really notice it, to enjoy the raindrops, to feel them hit your skin and roll down your body, to let it take you somewhere else?!

As I got off from work I left my windows cracked in my car because the heat was so intense and I hate coming out and sitting in a sauna. It was blue skies with beautiful clouds, so I thought I would be safe... yeah an hour later all I hear is thunder but since it was still sunny out I thought “hey passing storm!” to my surprise I hear it start to downpour but no dark clouds... Oxymoron... (all I could think of was frozen hot chocolate) I then realized “OH SNAP, my windows are open!” So, I ended up running out to my car but as I did I slowed down, I looked up at a beautiful blue sky and took it in, I let the rain drench me... I ran my fingers through my hair and twirled around for a min. A few of my neighbor ran by me, I’m sure they thought I was off my rocker but the truth is, I didn’t care... I then went up to the forth floor and took a few photos looking over Ponce trying to get the rain and sun together. Unexplainable wonders... serendipity... it is times like this that make me love the randomness of life a little bit more!

Today:
Song: Creedence Clearwater - Have you ever seen the rain
Quote of the day: “I like people who smile when it’s raining.”
Fav food consumed today: El Potro’s #1 Dinner Combo: Two enchiladas and taco w beans
Craving: Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburger
Drinking: Pina Colada w/ cherries
Random fact: Once as a kid we had to stop playing a softball game because of a thunderstorm, when we got home I didn’t go inside... I pretended to be a weather adventurest and ran around the yard and jumping in the puddles in the street with my baseball bat... idk if my parents wanted me to get hit by lightning, haha but it was my kind of adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment