Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 7

Photo - Pinch Me




Friday night after I got back from seeing Savages w/ K-Meow (which I now have to see any movie she chooses since that one was way more violent... I think we are going to the Katy Perry documentary ;) I went home to finish editing Sexacola photos. My upload finished around 5am when I had to be at Dave’s to start the day, I woke up around 9:30am w/ just enough time to tag the people I knew and jet out the door. I worked a double so when I got home around 8pm I checked my FB and this is what it looked like!

Taking photos and exciting people are what gets me going. I love seeing people enjoying what I put out there and how they respond to my work. I love that when explaining my my job I get to say, “Hi, I’m Loren, I take photos and make your creative ideas come true.” I mean growing up I was teased and ridiculed for being me... I could barely get kids to hangout with me let alone want to get to know me because I was the weird, different kid who spent way to much time in the art room and the basketball court. Looking back, of course I was gay but why did that have to hide the fact that I had Fabulous Amazing things to offer both as a friend and as a young artist in the works!

One time in middle school there was this attractive girl (physically) that I went to school with but the way she treated me and any other weird kid that walked the halls made her the most ugliest person I’d ever met. In fact, I once wrote her a letter and sent it to her house, I don’t remember everything that it said but I do remember writing, one day I’m going to be famous and I’m going to be on MTV. Truth is I’m not famous and I may never be on MTV and diffinately TRL, but the fact that I have and get to work with awesome people both famous and the everyday amazing is what excites me, that people look up to me and get excited about what I’m doing and what I’m posting makes everything worth it.

As a kid I wanted to be many things, most of all I wanted to be cool... I guess I’m living my dream :) (for a previous post on these thoughts click here)

Yes, kids are mean, their words and actions may sometime break our bones but mostly break our hearts and unfortunately it goes on no matter the age but in finding your skin and doing what you love, people will take notice and for that I will always keep pushing to do my best and to let the cool rush out my finger tips. So, to all the people who support me, look up to me and are a true friends I thank you and know because of you I push forward and will be greatness even if I’m not famous!

Today:
Song: Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Quote of the day: “Be so good they can’t ignore you.”
Fav food consumed today: Dave’s - LoHo Special (Turkey, Salami, Japs, B Peppers, Let, Mayo, Mustard, Provolone & Ched Sammie)
Craving: Chicken Pot Pie
Drinking: Freezing H2o
Random fact: I set all my clocks 10 mins fast and I’m still always late... it’s called LoHo time

3 comments:

  1. LOL. So true about the clocks/still being late thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to admit it, but I will probably always run on my own time unless it's something uber important... :)

      Delete
  2. It's part of what makes you LoHo!

    ReplyDelete