Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 12

Photo - The Show Keeps On




Tonight A Scar invited me to see Best Coast and as much as I like them, I truly love Those Darlins! All day I looked forward to my evening w/ good people, good music and great food!

Before I even moved to Atlanta I would occasionally come to town to see a show and grab inspiration from the city. I remember the first time I went to Variety Playhouse, it was my senior year in college and my best friend, Marissa and I came to town to see Minus the Bear. We hopped in her awesomely beat up Passport and danced to B Spears and made ridiculous funny videos on the way. As we pulled into the city, the lights lit up the sky like a christmas tree and the feeling of excitement crept through me. We met up with a few of her friends and ate at Apre Diem in Midtown and then headed over to Little 5. It was pretty cold outside but once in the theater we made our way to the front where we started pealing off the layers of clothes as we jumped up and down feeling the music and snapping pictures.

Since that night I have been back more than a handful of times and every show has had its moments in which I will always remember or the lack there of ;) Anyway, all I know is, it’s not only a show you go to, it’s the whole experience the venue, the people, the music and for that I love Variety and going to shows.

Today:
Song: Best Coast - Boyfriend
Quote of the day: "No Standing... Only Dancing!"
Fav food consumed today: Vortex- Cheddar Bites and Plain Cheddar Burger
Craving: Popcorn
Drinking: Diet Coke
Random fact: My first CD I ever got was an Elvis Greatest Hits and my first concert was Hanson... Ohhhh MMMBop!

No comments:

Post a Comment