Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 22

Photo - Laundry




Oh how I hate laundry... I mean, I love clothes and looking sharp and sexy but man... I wish when I took clothes off there was some magical fairy to come along and POOF everything was clean... unfortunately this is not how life works... So, every 3 to 4 weeks I make the truck to the laundry mat. I know what you’re thinking, “gross you only wash your clothes once a month.” But seriously, I know I have staples of awesome clothes but I also have mountains to choose from, meaning when it’s time to wash well let’s just say it would take me at least 8 loads to clean all my clothes, sheets, towels, and underwear.

Not going to lie I walked into Midtown Wash with 2 ikea bags, a hamper and a big Urban bag full of boxer briefs, took me 2 hours, a 6 load washer a 3 load washer and a 2 load washer to soap up all my clothes and then 5 dryers... Needless to say I’m glad I have laundry mats to go to because that would have taken me a day in a half to clean at the house... although if I would of had a washer and dryer in my apt I would be doing laundry every week making me “So fresh and so clean clean.”

Oh to this love, hate relationship... I love my clothes to smell so wonderful and to make my apt smell like soft cotton but lugging, washing and folding is not a game I like to play... then again I don’t know anyone who enjoys folding let alone the other two. Plus when going to the mat I get to people watch and see how everyone does things, we are all so different, yet so similar. This trip I found out some people really shouldn’t be parents or be allowed to reproduce, which is sad because I love kids and feel like if you have them you should show them attention, affection and love because that’s all they really need but what I witnessed was far from any of those making for a sad and annoying experience. Oh laundry mats, forever washing, full of suds and mountains of quarters, how I hate you and love you but thank you for always making my clothes smell pretty and look like new.

Today:
Song: OutKast - So Fresh, So Clean
Quote of the day: “I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.”
Fav food consumed today: Noodle - Sweet and Tangy Chicken
Craving: PB Oreo Cookie Bark
Drinking: Diet Coke
Random fact: Growing up I had the best little Italian Nanna. I knew in the morning when she arrived because the house would fill with her scent and when she would wash and fold my clothes she would rub off on them... it was the most comforting thing. Because even though the smell was over powering, it was calming at the same time.

2 comments: