Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 4

Photo - Sparkle Sparkle



Crack, Bang BOOM!!! SPARKLE! That’s half of the sounds I heard yesterday. Originally I was suppose to raft down the Hooch but the night before thinking the raft was full and the scare of becoming a river zombie on the river’s busiest day of the year, I gave up my seat and headed to the pool with Little Engine, GC Swirl and later my Jenni Penni dropped by.

The 4th is always a weekend for BBQ’s, pools and spending time with the people who make you nostalgic. Every 4th that I spend near a pool soaking up the sun and getting a little crispy, I think of the Sandlot. Not only is it one of my favorite movies and has one of the best soundtracks I can think of but it was the movie that I knew I was in LOVE w/ women. (For my coming out story, click here). The scene that comes to mind though whenever it’s the fourth, is when they’re having their block party cookout firework extravaganza night game... I love how Smalls narrates over the grabbing of hot dogs and the game as the fireworks work their magic lighting up the sky so they could play their game “like they were in the big leagues”. I guess the 4th is a day of magic for it’s not just a day of freedom but the feeling of being free. Skip, hop, jump, kick!

Today:
Song: The Champs - Tequila
Quote of the day: “I've been coming here every summer of my adult life, and every summer there she is oiling and lotioning, lotioning and oiling... smiling. I can't take this no more!”
Fav food consumed today: Little Engine’s Portabella Egg Scramble
Craving: Chili Cheese Hot Dog w/ ketchup, mustard, jalapenos and hot sauce
Drinking: Malibu and Ginger
Random fact: I’m not a beer drinker... I like going to the festivals but I’ve tried, I’ve tasted, I can’t wrap my taste buds to enjoy, so I stick to liquor, champagne and the occasional glass of wine. So, if you only have beer to offer, I will find me some H2o!

No comments:

Post a Comment