Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 19

Photo - My Little Sub Shop




Dave’s Cosmic Subs, where everything is comicly delicious! It has been almost 3 year since I stepped into my little sub shop and started my sandwich artisty. I loved subs and I needed a job, I went from working at The Weather Channel and moving to ATL with really nothing and after getting small design jobs and finding hell in clients and the “what ifs” in freelance, I asked for a job and started as cashier and delivery driver. It wasn’t till I was 9 months to a year in, that I started making subs... I always messed around with them but I never worked fast enough to be on the line.

I like being a sandwich artist. Dave’s is NOT subway... at Dave’s you actually eat fresh. Everyday we slice and weigh out the meat. I’m an expert at breaking down a slicer and putting it back together. I like making sandwiches, I love making people’s tummies happy and full. I like trying new things and different flavors. As from a previous post you saw my doughnut burger well, one time I made and epic sandwich that my boss says I should put on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. It all started out with all things a doughnut. I came into work on a Saturday wanting brunch and so I ran to the CVS, next door and grabbed egg beaters and cream cheese, I then cut open an italian loaf spread the cream cheese and added the eggs, topped it with bacon and both provolone and cheddar. Sounds good right... well, here’s where it gets weird, I sliced the doughnut into thin flat slices and covered the top of the b-fast sandwich with them, stuck it in the oven and let the top caramelize I pulled it out of the oven and topped it off with syrup... so weird sounding but the fusion of flavor was amazing!

Every sandwich I make I try to put the best into it and make it like it’s the first sandwich of the day yes, I’m not as fast as the other artists in the shop but they come out looking and tasting like nothing other... give me your taste preferences and your trust and I can make you the most tastiest creation ever! To the little shop that does as much for me as I do for it. I love you Dave’s and the little family that we have created over the years.

And if you haven’t tried Dave’s Cosmic Subs... I suggest you come in and try it for yourself! Located over in Emory Village. 1540 N. Decatur Rd NE, ATL Shawty!


Today:
Song: Green Day - Basket Case
Quote of the day: “I like a cook who smiles out loud when they taste their own work.”
Fav food consumed today: Chill w/ extra Jalapenos, Banana Peppers and lots of cheese!
Craving: McGriddle
Drinking: Arizona Fruit Punch
Random fact: I’ve been cooking since I was 5. My dad said if you want to eat grilled cheese and pancakes everyday you are going to learn how to make them... I learned and continued to love being in the kitchen, so anytime I get a chance to be creative and make someone’s tummy happy, I’m in!

No comments:

Post a Comment