Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 9

BlockParty



My life moving at what seems like lightning speed... things being given and taken away from me, I needed to take a break from running and who better to do that with then w my artist and foodie friend Little Engine?! Ever since we met almost a year ago we could both could sit, view the world, have conversations on color and type then turn to the kitchen and create something just as tasty, being the dorks we are! It’s a fun, carefree and refreshing relationship... So, after work I picked her up and we went over to EAV where we walked through the market then up and down Flat Shoals looking at all the vendors taking ideas and viewing the creative.

Not eating lunch and both of us needing something to hold us over till dinner we stopped in for old fashioned ice cream, taste testing and laughing till our hearts contentment filled w/ sugar... After walking around for a bit more I went to drop her off when her and her gf asked me to stay for dinner so I pulled up a chair and we spent half of the night swapping stories over drinks and good food... I love when you can get lost in the moment and take in what is around you... to take time to hear the stories that make us, us, how we became who we are and where we came from... I know people have walls but when you can take them down and share yourself you give the opportunity to move yourself and connect with people on another level... And for someone like me who wears their heart on their sleeve it’s nice to connect with other people.


Today:
Song: Zedd: Spectrum
Quote of the Day: “She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important.” -Marilyn Monroe
Fav Food Consumed Today: Color Cluster Ice cream
Craving: Lasagna
Drinking: Cider
Random Fact: Having my heart on my sleeve is both a gift and a curse... For I love with everything I have and getting hurt is inevitable...

No comments:

Post a Comment