Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 19

Working Together



So I have been commissioned to paint a door for Dave’s Cosmic Subs... Joel (my favorite old man and boss) has given me the opportunity to do something cosmically awesome and my guidelines are only that it represents the rock n roll era, for it will hang from the ceiling in the patio! After looking though and getting some ideas, I plan on incorporating the Beatles Yellow Submarine and Pink Floyd’s pink pig from the cover Animals... I also have ideas of colorful water drops and a few other 60/70‘s graphical ideas but what I can’t wait to do is collaborate with my friend and upcoming artist Katrina!

I met her through LiLo... (her younger sister) who is one amazing illustrating artist, every time I look at her work or drawings I get excited wishing I could come up with the things that she puts down on paper... I love getting together with equally creative people and making things come to life and even though she is young I feel like we can both teach each other a thing or two and have fun while making a cosmically awesome door come to life. I want to see people thrive, to grow specially if I believe in them and I think by reaching out and working with someone who is just as excited as I am will be a great mixture for something cosmically awesome!

Katrina, get ready!


Today:
Song: Bad Company - Shooting Star
Quote of the Day: “Proud to be Fuckin Weird, You Basic Bitches Can Not Compete!”
Fav Food Consumed Today: Coconut Thai Soup
Craving: Pancakes
Drinking: Fresca
Random Fact: When I was in high school, I had an art mentor who pushed me to find my greatness and told me to keep going... to forget about the negative people who said I would never do anything, it was her and the other people in the world that said I couldn’t that made me hungry for the greatness I think I can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment