Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 4

The Art of Friendship



Sleep is beautiful but here lately I can’t sleep for more than 4 hours consistently... who knows if it’s my past creeping its way into my head or if I’m just stressed or what is going on... I feel tired and would love to spend a whole day in bed catching up which is probably why I’ve caught myself taking cat naps the past 2 days but still not a full 8 or even 6 hours of sleep... So after waking up with the sun from tossing and turning all night and staring at the walls in front of me I got up and as I started making my way to K’s house I pulled off and found a kiddie adventure of a quarter slot carousel and being 8am no one was around so why not take a ride... because let’s face it who’s going to stop me?! I like finding my thrills and even if things are cloudy in my head there is always room to find happy. After my min or so joy ride I made it to K’s where I spent the first part of my morning listening to music surfing blogs and catching up on worldly events thanks to Morning Express w/ Robin Meade which K and I swooned over before sitting out on the back porch letting the sun beat down on us, taking fresh air in and sitting talking about everything under the sun.

Once stepping back inside I decided to take this day to me and do me even though I could have made a list of things to do. But we sat back drifted away from the world and watched a handful of movies, taking a vegout day only getting up to go to the store to buy a armful of drinks and hit up the drive thru at Steak N Shake all while blaring Joan Jet! Hahaha, Bro day’s... a day of rest, a day to let everything go and enjoy what is in front of you or just drift away into our own world were just being in a room with your best friend turns into the best day given to you. Because sometimes, it’s not about the adventure and what you have done it’s about who you spend it with and how they make you feel.

So maybe today wasn’t full of art but the art of friendship...


Today:
Song: Joan Jet - Bad Reputation
Quote of the Day: “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” - Dr. Seuss
Fav Food Consumed Today: Jalapeno Crunch Burger
Craving: Popsicles
Drinking: Diet Dr. Pepper
Random Fact: Find the people that make you happy and surround yourself with them... not only will you have a smile on my face but one that shines through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment