Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 13

Making Moves



As the last few days... heck the last 2 weeks have had me in the clouds wandering without a place to go and the only thing that I’ve looked at was an empty frame in front of me that I though should be filled with something... only thing, you can’t have anything if you don’t fill it or create it yourself...

This series is turning into something way more personal then I thought it would... not only am I a blender of emotions with everyday life but pulling inspiration to create and to morph something into something new has brought up a lot. It’s like the sea, it is beautiful it’s majestic but has the power to consume us, to swallow us and as grace and beauty shows itself the misfit, chaotic and unknown lie underneath... I thought about throwing my anchor down and trying to stop the roar of the sea but there would be no use because in ruff seas you will just get pulled down further so as I woke up, I decided to find a surf board and go for a ride because yes, I maybe sad but I have the choice to find something else, to be happy... I have to find it myself because any other kind of happy is temporary... So I’m choosing to keep paddling till I catch that wave, that perfect wave where you can ride it, trick it and then sit in the tube gliding your hand up and down catching the saltwater spray on your sunkissed face while your wet hair hits your skin and in that moment I will find that unexplainable happy no matter what is going on in my world, smile or no smile but the feeling inside.

So metaphors aside I got up and decided to make a change and get to my grind, because when I’m moving and doing something there is no time to sit in my head, to feel sorry for myself or to dwell on what has happened to me being the past and/or present... I started booking myself, sending out emails and personal messages and will now be shooting March 20th at the Drunken Unicorn for VYIE, I got commissioned to paint a piece in which I will be asking another upcoming artist to help me out on, will be hitting up a few events this weekend and surprisingly, got a random call from an agency asking about a shoot for a big time corporate client and if everything goes as planned (I will know by next week) all I have to say is, I will never want to grow up! I also then received a text asking if I would be interested in shooting some stills and behind the scenes shots for a video that is being shot this weekend... I find it funny, I can go awhile with what seems like a strike out and then all of a sudden I got the perfect pitch and I feel like I’m about to hit a grand slam just as long as I stay on track...

I guess it’s true what they say... you need the bumps so that when something good grabs you by the hand you can enjoy the ride for I know what it’s like to be in quicksand only wanting to sink and let go. Thanks Karma... You're not always bad.


Today:
Song: Long Live KoKo - Float
Quote of the Day: “Soulshine is better than Sunshine...”
Fav Food Consumed Today: Flip Burger Nutella Burnt Marshmallow Shake
Craving: Scrambled Eggs
Drinking: H2o
Random Fact: I grew up on the beach... Living in ATL is nice but I miss the water, waves and saltwater air...

No comments:

Post a Comment