Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 6

My Oh My



Music is art... art is music... these two things go hand in hand. Without them my world would come to a halt.

The other day I was surfing through fb and I came across Terminal West’s lineup and as I saw who was playing I clicked over to youtube and fell in love with Tristan Prettyman. Her voice, her lyrics and her long dark hair swooned me. Not only wanting a mid-week adventure but after finding out that her featuring band was Anya Marina (which I get turned on every time I hear her version of TI’s song) I had to see her. So after finding out how much the tickets were, I hopscotched the idea of bringing my camera and persuaded LiLo to go with me, I called TW and had them hold me 2 tickets!

I love shooting artists, or should I say people in their element... a place where they excel, a place where their confidence shines through and they are completely themselves doing what they love, as I do what I love. With lights shining down on them and me figuring out how to use it to my advantage so I don’t have to use a flash. I feel as though I am truly capturing a pure moment in time... it’s not posed, it’s not fake... it’s real. While everyone takes in the music, I take in the moment not only through the camera but through my eyes...

I have shot many amazing artists and people, it’s funny how you meet someone you’ve looked at in magazines or watched on tv because when you get up close and personal with them you find out that they are just like everyone else... some are nice, some are funny, some are kind and then there are the assholes or raging cunts with pompous attitudes because they somehow think that because they get to do what they love and that people know who they are they deserve to be treated differently and seriously unless you are the Queen of all the land, royalty or my one day wife, then I’m not bowing down to you or your cockiness.

All in all, I’m glad I went. I got some really awesome shots, heard two beautiful women sing and I figured out where all the other Lesbians who I never run into go out... to a concert that is fit for a wedding serenade the only thing that could have made this better is if The Civil Wars and City of Colour magically showed up.


Today:
Song: Anya Marina: Whatever You Like
Quote of the Day: "I think I kinda just want your kiss, just for the thrill and just maybe to miss." -Tristan Prettyman
Fav Food Consumed Today: Strawberries
Craving: Chocolate Milk
Drinking: Moscow Mules
Random Fact: I highly dislike the taste of beer... if I’m going to waste my calories and elevated sugar levels I’m going to do it over something worth while such as doughnuts or hard liquor... but I will say I liked the Moscow Mule!

No comments:

Post a Comment