Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 12

For My Killah K



Recently one of my best friends just bought a house and as I helped wipe down, puddy, prime and stocked her cabinets with a few essentials I came to her with a house warming idea. I love my friends specially my close ones and if you happen to have me on your side... I will not only have your back like my favorite sweater but I will want to make your world pretty by creating things around you.

I wanted to make her a piece for her house, something that when she looked at it she would not only said “hey, Lo made this for me.” but also, “damn this is totally me.” and I’m hoping I can do just that... A few days ago I started a mixed mediums piece for the one and only Killah K. I am taking somewhere around 500 army men if not more and molding them together through a mixture of plaster, paper and hot glue... it is my idea that by using textures and familiar pieces that I can create something beautiful, I then plan to cover the canvas as one color bringing the focus to the art itself and then to the objects that lie down...

I’m creating this for her because she is one of the most amazing individuals I have ever met... as kids our stories relate but then as an adult who signed up and went over seas her courage and manhandle is jaw dropping... I am very blessed to have her in my life and to know some of the things that she has been through let alone come back from making her more than a stand up person and friend. A true SoulFriend.


Today:
Song: Fuel - Shimmer
Quote of the Day: “We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.”
Fav Food Consumed Today: M&M cookie
Craving: Bananas dipped in PB
Drinking: Diet Coke
Random Fact: Relationships will shine and fade but the best ones are the ones that when you think they’ve faded show up to be the most vibrant...

No comments:

Post a Comment