Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 17

Purrs N Paws



At the beginning of the month I was contacted asking if I wanted to donate a photo for an Paws N Fur an Animal Rescue Benefit that is happening Sunday March 24 at MSR. I love the animals specially the kitties!!! So, I went in asking what type of photo they wanted me to donate and after hearing they wanted something with animals and preferably with a cat and I scratched the idea of a photo and am doing a 2 graphic print series for the animals!

I think it is important to do something new or at least try when you have the time... so with my new king kitty tattoo I am creating 2 prints based off him and something that I think people would look at everyday and get a kick out of it! My idea, I will have 2 mid-sized prints framed and signed with the first having the phrase “You have me crawling up the walls like a cat in heat.” with kitty claw marks down a wall and small paw print! The second piece will say “King of the Castle” and have my king kitty with a castle in the background. The two original prints will go up for the silent auction which will start at 6pm on the 24th in which I hope they bring in some good money for the benefit. I will also be selling a handful of the 2 prints at my show on April 2 at Cru Urban Lounge, in which anyone that buys a print at $5 I will donate half of it back to the animals! So that way if you can’t make it to MSR you can still help out and get something to take home with you at the same time!

Animals have a way of connecting with us, giving a purpose without even trying... The way they can love you without an ounce of negativity, they put a smile on your face... And as an animal, you know you’re something special when people get down and talk in a cute funny little voice saying how cute and how much they love you. They are our best friends, seeing us at our best and worst... they never judge just love, as you love them back and play with them from time to time, becoming your loyal love. So, of course I want to help out because I know if I didn’t have my little guy, my world would be a little less colorful.

Hope to see you on there on the 24 and then again on April 2nd!


Today:
Song: Miike Snow - Animal
Quote of the Day: “Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened. “ -Anatole France
Fav Food Consumed Today: PB Toast Crunch
Craving: French Toast
Drinking: Pear Juice
Random Fact: As a kid my best friend was my cat name Bullwinkle (aka. Bubby) he would go on adventures w/ me all the time, be there with me as I made forts and played by the river... he got me through a lot of my darkness as a child and was lucky to have him for 16 years of my life... Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment