Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 20

Play Date



Whoever said don’t play with your food?! Today, I had lots of plans and yet, sometimes things don’t work out the way we envision so we can either wallow or find our next adventure... Being exhausted from work and feeling overly stressed out I came home to take a nap when I got a text from Little Engine saying “Come Over!” So after taking a LoHo min, I got myself together stopped by the liquor store (for you should never go over empty handed)! When I got to C&A’s Underground Layer they had everything pretty much set up, burgers stuffed with pretzel crumbs and sweet potato fries w/ gorgonzola cheese! I brought over some cookies that we never ended up making but it was quite alright because we came up w/ a PB&J Frosty that was sure enough to get anyone HAMMERED! :)

Whenever I find myself over there, sitting around enjoying food, laughing till it hurts and having endless conversations, I feel full, that there is more to life than what is around me. I have always loved sitting around a table and finding out about life. As a kid most nights my family sat down, said grace, and ate together (that is if one of us wasn’t playing sports or going to some sort of practice). I am very grateful that when my dad came home and did his Mr. Roger’s act it was soon followed by us all coming together... It’s a way of getting to know someone, a way of sharing what’s happening and hearing people’s feelings and thoughts about the world around them. For getting to know and hear about someone or the stories they have is an adventure on its own and as for me there can never be to many adventures.

So maybe my day didn’t turn out how it was planned but I got realness, I got to smile, I got to feel whole for a moment and that is worth everything.


Today:
Song: Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream
Quote of the Day: “We are always running for the thrill of it.”
Fav Food Consumed Today: Little Engine’s Burgers
Craving: A Fresh Ball of Mozzarella
Drinking: Pear Cider
Random Fact: At the dinner table my Dad was always ask my brother and I about our day as he would tuck us into bed later that night, he would then make up stories featuring Poppy (me) and Katchy (brother) telling us about our day and how much we were loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment