Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 15

Converse

Con-verse - Verb: Engage in conversation.



Today was my day of communication... talking, listening, finding out, sharing and advice... Getting home late from the night before, I didn’t fall asleep till around 4 and then woke up after tossing and turning for 2 hours... I couldn’t take it... my legs were restless and my back was killing w/ pain... I got up and started working on art but by 9am I was so tired that I passed out till I got a call around noon seeing if I wanted to do lunch! So I got up, got going and met Little Engine... she had just gotten good news and was telling me about it when I received a phone call giving me good news and an awesome new job! We both were beaming with happiness and enjoying random conversation while being foodies... It’s nice when you have people in your life that you gel with... where a conversation just flows and you can’t help but get smiles that leave you grinning ear to ear...

I then went to work where everyday is filled with random conversations and everything under the sun is up for subject but recently M-shell and I have been talking about situations and looking beyond the subject at hand... how when something presents itself how I, as a person, can be more responsible and understanding, being truthful not only to the people around me but myself and knowing when to let go and when to fight for something... I like hearing advice from her because she has been through a lot and with her age comes wisdom and knowledge and being young I am all ears, willing to learn the truths and facts.

While in my head reflecting, I got a text from my friend GotYeah saying she was in the area and would love to meet up when I got off work... even though I was exhausted and had a mountain of things to do, I put it on the back burner and chose to go have a drink with her and a few new fabulous gays! I was welcomed with open arms and smiling faces... we spent a lot of time talking about relationships between people and how when you connect with certain souls the energy and vibrancy of life is shown to us. I truly enjoyed sharing stories and how our connections to family, our everyday heros and friends help make us who we are... pushing us, molding us and challenging us. I left feeling alive and at peace, I was inspired and had a kick in my step... for who knows how the people we meet will impact our lives but in the moments that we have them may we enjoy it to the fullest.

From phone calls to text and face to face conversations... it’s all about connecting and letting ourselves be real, to sit down and truly enjoy who is in front of you, to equally listen and share.



Today:
Song: Cherub - Doses and Mimosas
Quote of the Day: “A simple hello, could lead to a million things.”
Fav Food Consumed Today: Holy Taco - Chimichanga and street corn
Craving: Strawberries and Pineapple dipped in Coconut Yogurt
Drinking: Moscow Mule
Random Fact: Sometimes I really hate being ADD... and that it takes me 3 times as long to do something than the average person...

No comments:

Post a Comment